Thursday, 20 October 2011

In progress...

 Working on a few new unframed pieces. I'm making them square so that they can be framed in an Ikea Ribba frame. I'll be selling them unframed.

These ones still have to have to be hand stitched with more grasses and flowers to finish them off. I'm working on several at the same time along with a selection of collaged birds. I'm hoping to have them finished for my next craft fair. I've booked up a couple with 3d/2d. I'll post the dates later.
Bye for now.

Sunday, 2 October 2011


 A few leaf shaped brooches that I've been working on. They are my usual layering of fabric, yarns and free machine (motion) embroidery. I've added a random selection of beads, seed and bugle.
The fabric piece that I'd made was fairly small and I can cut approx. six brooches from it. I suppose you could say that they were a limited edition although each one is unique because of the variety in the beading.  
 I intend making more of these brooches in different colourways but still keeping to small numbers. I've made one set with a turquoise edge but haven't photographed them yet as they're not beaded
I'll post some more photos soon.
Bye for now,