Thursday 26 May 2016

Game of Thrones...

As promised if a bit late...here are a few close up images of my bird. Well, to be completely honest, I didn't design it but I did have free reign with the stitches and the colours from the threads they supplied... I still call it "my bird" all the same. I'm sure that'll be ok or at least I hope it will be...!
It is situated above the White Walker's head on The Hardhome Embroidery, named after the huge battle from series 5 of Game of Thrones.




 I've really been a bit slack on the blogging front, I completely missed the post I should have done about the Knitting and stitching Show which came to Edinburgh at the end of April. I fair enjoyed it by the way, managed to find lots of things to buy, mostly stuff I had to have but didn't really need...familiar?
Anyway, what I should have said was that I had a piece of work selected to be on show at the Edge - textile artists scotland stand. I was delighted that it was chosen for the exhibition and have had lots of lovely comments about it.
Here are a few images.



I'm only showing a little at the moment as it is destined to go on to the Edge exhibition in Edinburgh, a must see if you are interested in textiles, even if you're not it'll be a great exhibition.
I'll give more details later but it's on at 
Edinburgh Palette, St Margaret's House, London Road 
from Saturday 2nd July to Saturday 23rd July.
Bye for now.
Mx

3 comments:

  1. Your bird is terrific, Moira. I don't know about this embroidery although I do know about the series.
    The edge exhibition at the K&S show was fabulous, one of the best, and congratulations on having your piece there. I'm looking forward to seeing it again in July.
    Thanks for visiting Orange E. and hope to see you again sometime. (I am just catching up after being away).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheila, sorry I missed this comment. Glad you liked my work, I thought the exhibition was great as well. Mx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the best patches that I saw in recent time. We provide Furniture Moving Services in Montreal QC, that are reliable and trusted.

    ReplyDelete